FASHION-STYLE-BEAUTY-MAKEUP-ACCESSORIES

Monday 10 January 2011

TTIL (Ten Things I Love) Dec '10

Sorry this is a little late due to my recent travels!


1. Famous by Sue Moxley Ingrid Copper Blusher


Sue Moxley is a UK celebrity makeup artist who has created her own line of cosmetics which are sold in Superdrug. Her eyeshadows and blushers are very smooth, soft and highly pigmented. I cannot live without her blusher in a beautiful vibrant coral/orange shade called Ingrid Copper. Here is a swatch:
Gorgeous!


2. Benefit's Erase Paste

You have probably noticed me using this alot. It is just like a peachy, gel based under eye corrector. It lightens, brightens and the orangey/peachy shade cancels out the greys in my under eye circles. I use shade no. 3.


3. Nude Shades for Winter


I am just loving pairing nude colours with more season-appropriate browns, blacks and greys this winter. Nudes in the winter can look so soft and feminine against the usual darker colours. Look at this beautiful pair of wedge nude and brown leather boots from Zara that I bought recently with the last of my birthday vouchers! Look our for my upcoming fashion haul post which focuses heavily on nude/neutral colours.
4. Velcro Rollers


I just love using velcro rollers in my hair as a cheap and easy way to create volume. I also find it much easier to get that Kardashian centre part wave thing going on that she does - see pic below how she gets her long fringe flicked back? All you need to do is grab some of the XXL velcro rollers and sectioning the front part of your hair, working back towards the crown, wrapping the hair around the rollers, spray with some extra hold spray, leave them in for at least 30 mins, create a centre part and you are good to go! Watch out for my hair tutorials coming soon!


5. Bed Head Queen for a Day Thickening Spray



Talking of hair, one of my all time favourite products for creating great volume and curls in my naturally wavy hair has to be Bed Head's queen for a day thickening spray. You can use this on wet or dry hair and it has super hold, also love the name!




6. The Outnet

Heard of Net a Porter? It is by far the best online designer shopping website at the moment. No one can touch it in terms of the sheer variety, and whoever the purchasers are, they are pure genius. How pleased, then, was I when Net a Porter launched their sister outlet site The Outnet? VERY! Check out this butterscotch colour Michael Kors satchel reduced to just £97.50.


7. Zara Home

My beautiful friend Lisa introduced me to the gorgeousness that is Zara Home. Although I had been into the store a couple of times when I lived in Dubai, the Dubai store was mostly bedding and tablecloths. The Regent Street store in Central London, however, is an absolute DREAM! Shabby Chic side tables, luxurious snow white throws in the softest cotton and sparkly crystally glassware! I ADORE Zara and just generally, the whole Inditex group - it is not difficult to see why the Spanish retail giant's business strategy is a massive success. Thier homeware is the same blend of high fashion and high quality without the high prices. They somehow manage to make the simplest napkin holders, door knobs and scatter cusions look exquisitely expensive. I cannot wait to get my own place so I have an excuse to kit the whole place out with Zara homeware!
Thank you Li Li!

8. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Please check out my post on how to choose foundation: www.frivolousbyangel5ace.blogspot.com/2010/11/tips-and-tricks-how-to-choose-correct.html
which gives some tips on how to choose the correct foundie for you. My favourite is of course NARS Sheer Glow in Syracuse and I just cannot tell you enough how great this foundation is. It makes my skin feel so soft and I actually enjoy applying this stuff! I haven't and don't think I ever will, find a better foundation. My HG for sure!

9. MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow

This is the perfect highlight colour for buffing onto the tops of my cheekbones and bridge of my nose, as well as a beautiful shimmery cream eyeshadow colour that I can wear on my lids and on my browbone. I adore multi-tasking products fo' sho'.

10. Hobby Cases

Yup, you heard right. I love hobby cases. Those plastic cases which open up with a kind of shelf level with compartments. These are what I store my makeup in as I can carry them around with me and everything stays in the compartments, they are cheap and have clear lids so you can see your products all neatly compartmentalised and more importantly for me, I can store them upright on my annoyingly shallow shelves! I will try to put together a makeup organizational post soon for you guys.

xoxo Angel5ace xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on the nars sheer glow and mac ricepaper they are a stable of mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. please could u tell me somthing about the benefit erase paste, does it fall in to fines lines under the eye, do u set this concealer with powder under the eyes if so which one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Abbi! I apply a small amount with a flat foundation brush (similar to the MAc 190), i then place my fingers on top for a few seconds to warm up the product to ensure it has really sunk into my skin and blended well. I then use a makeup sponge very lightly dabbed into MAC mineralize skin finish natural and press gently into the concealer. I have had no issues with it creasing or budging. It is an excellent under eye product.

    ReplyDelete