FASHION-STYLE-BEAUTY-MAKEUP-ACCESSORIES

Sunday 31 July 2011

MAC 109 Brush Review



Hello Cherubs!

I have been lusting after the MAC 109 brush for so long now! I recently managed to get it at a duty free price so I really wanted to share my review of it with you all.
I think I got this at around 18 pounds, but the usual price is a little more at 22 in stores.
This is a very hard working brush. It is like a mini, dense, super soft and hard wearing kabuki on the end of a regular long handle. The fibres are natural according to MAC's website although I dont know exactly what they are made of. It has a soft domed tip which is actually laser cut so it is rather perfectly rounded at the top.

At first glance it kind of looks like a brush that you would pass over because it doesnt appear to serve a specific purpose. Its a little small as a blush brush and as a powder brush, its a bit too rounded for a blush brush too and perhaps it more easily lends itself to a small contour brush, in which case you are probably best getting the MAC 168 contour brush instead, right? WRONG!!
This brush is AWESOME for contouring as it really gets into the hollows of the cheeks and as it is so small it ensures you dont get too much matt bronzer on your face so you can easily avoid that muddy face effect.

It is PERFECT for blush as you can get really precise, the bristles are really dense so you can concentrate colour where you want it. It is super soft and gentle too and then you can finish by gently buffing the blush into your cheeks in circular motions.
It is EXCELLENT for applying face powder as again it is soft and the domed tip helps to really get into the tricky areas of the face like around the nose and chin and then you can really buff the powder in to your skin also.

It is AMAZING for applying liquid foundation. Yep, LIQUID foundation. It creates this flawless airbrush like effect if you just lightly tap the brush into some liquid foundation pumped onto the back fo your hand and then either tap and swirl or just swirl onto your face.
This is my new FAVOURITE brush of all time. I just adore it and wish I had bought it earlier. I actually do use it for foundie, powder, contour and blush all in one go in the mornings and it really speeds up my makeup application. I just make sure I wipe the products off between each application. I have washed it a few times and it has barely shed any bristles and goes back to its original shape very quickly.

Which are your favourite brushes??

xoxo Angel5ace xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment